My childhood memories are riddled with pancakes for breakfast: be that making the batter, eating the batter raw, cooking and eating a stack the size of my head or getting creative with lavish toppings (anything that was in the pantry at the time). As I’ve grown older my love for pancakes has only strengthened, so when I opened Charlie’s Dessert House I knew we had to have my homemade fluffy pancakes recipe on the menu. What makes a great pancake to me is a plump, fluffy pancake that tastes as good as it looks. I’m confident to say we’ve got the fluffiest pancake recipe on offer and I’m proud to share it with you on the blog!
Pancakes are one of our top sellers off the breakfast menu and it is not hard to see why: they’re a fail-proof choice, every time!
The trick to a beautifully plump pancake is the generous addition of baking powder, which will help puff up your pancakes rather than leaving them flat and lacklustre. We serve two pancakes at a time and the recipe below will make around 4 pancakes (enough to serve two people). Enjoy!
Read more of our recipes here.
Fluffy Pancakes Recipe
2 cups flour
5 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
3 tsp sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
60 grams butter
Top your pancakes as desired – there’s no limit to your creativity! I like to add:
Vanilla Ice Cream
Icing Sugar Sprinkle
- Melt the butter in the microwave briefly and set aside.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Create a well and add the milk, egg, and melted butter.
- Whisk together until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Heat your pan for 3-5 minutes, until the pan is hot and better sizzles when placed in the pan.
- Portion our your batter and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup, mixed berries, vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of icing sugar!
This recipe is from Charlie’s Dessert House, my bakery in Tasmania.
SHOP THE POST