Thank you for your interest in joining our team of contributors! Here you will find everything you need to know about writing for us.
World of Wanderlust welcomes submissions of interesting, thought-provoking, well-written posts to share with our network and promote across our platforms. Articles must centre around travel in some sense, or your favourite destination(s), cities, etc.
Here’s what you need to know about writing for World of Wanderlust:
All submissions must adhere to our Terms & Conditions. By submitting a written piece to World of Wanderlust, in any format, including any text, images, graphics, or video, you agree that you have read and understood the terms outlined, allowing World of Wanderlust to publish and distribute submitted content to its audience via its websites, social media platforms and other 3rd party media platforms in perpetuity.
You warrant that you have all of the necessary rights, including copyright and distribution, in the content and images you contribute, that your content is not defamatory and that it does not infringe any law. You indemnify World of Wanderlust against any and all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by World of Wanderlust as a result of a breach of the above warranty.
When submitting a post, please provide the following:
Any relevant links and images (including photos of the people who are being described in your story, where possible and appropriate).
A biography of 2-3 sentences and a high-resolution headshot of the author.
The text of the post should be linked in the email in a Google Document or an attached Word Document. Please aim to keep posts between 600-1000 words.
Rules regarding payment for written work:
World of Wanderlust provides payment for original work along standard industry lines. This rate varies depending on the writer (as it does with any other type of media). “Original work” means the post cannot have been previously published elsewhere, including on a personal blog. You may of course submit a post from your blog via a link but note that payment does not apply to work already published.
As we are a small, independent start-up, financially we have limitations on freelance submissions. Given the constraints on resources, only successful submissions will be contacted for publishing. Please do not follow up contact our team after you have submitted your article. If you do not hear from us within 14 days, unfortunately, your article has not been accepted for publishing and we suggest submitting your article to other publications as it has not been chosen to be published on our platform.
Please send submissions through to: email@example.com. Don’t forget to include:
- Article copy (600-1000 words)
- Photos (minimum 3, maximum 12)
- Biography of 2-3 sentences and a high-resolution headshot of the author
Only applicants with successful submissions will be contacted.
Advice for submissions and writing for World of Wanderlust
We are committed to finding writers who can join our team of permanent contributors. Below you will find some top tips to getting published, as well as what we look for when searching for permanent contributors.
- Topic – Choose a topic that has not yet been published on our site. For example, we have already published a lot of articles on Paris, but we only have one published article on Chicago. The second destination offers more opportunities for getting published, as we need that topic/destination featured!
- Article headline – Pick a headline that readers will want to click on. Check out our latest articles for inspiration. And remember, keep it simple and straight to the point!
- Length – We recommend 600-1000 words as the ideal length of your article.
- Tone of voice – Take a look around the World of Wanderlust website and read some of our latest articles. You’ll quickly get an idea of our tone of voice. Think light, fun, relatable, easy to digest content. Our primary audience demographic is female, 25-35 years of age, located in The United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Edit, edit, edit! – We will not accept articles as drafts or those that are unedited. We are looking for polished work that can be immediately published on the site.
Further work with the brand
If your work is accepted for editorial, we will be in touch to discuss the potential to join our permanent contributing team of writers. These positions will include travel perks representing the brand as a contributing author – so please consider your first article pitch as your shining moment to show us what you can bring to the table!